40k League Official Info

40k League Official Info

Postby NapalmScorpion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:40 am

It is official! We will be starting a 40k at the beginning of the new year.

Entry Fee: $10 one time league fee, to be paid at the register inside. Please hold on to the receipt and bring it to me at our first match to verify your registration.
When: 5:30 P.M. on Saturdays. The first night is Jan 14
Where: Gaming Room at Cheap Thrills

We are thinking of having an open round for the first few weeks where you get matched up with random players. We can play 1v1 and/or 2v2 depending on how you want to play. Win/lose records will be kept. At the end of the league we will begin a tournament, with a prize for the winner. We are also throwing out the idea of having a large scale apoc game at the league's conclusion as well.

What are your thoughts?
NapalmScorpion

Re: 40k League Official Info

Postby Madmartigan805 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:45 pm

I think we'll need a better way to organize events than a Forum... responses are kinda slow on here and it's hard to build a community now a days on the back of a forum.

Also are we going with a format? ITC or something else?
Straight into 1850? Or do we wanna allow for a build up option for newer players? I.E. escaltion league?

Add me on Facebook? https://www.facebook.com/mad.martigan.90
Madmartigan805

Postby jason » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:46 am

Sounds good, I should have 1850 assembled by then so whatever you guys decide, I think using the itc faq is a good idea as it seems the standard and keeps things more fair. Mabey a facebook group for 40k would reach more people, I'm sure there are alot of 40k players ready to come out of the closet like myself, who would play, especially with all the new changes to games workshop . I think it's in a good spot for people interested in getting back into it, a little momentum and it could really take off with loads of tables filled with dark grim armies, like back in the glory days :) .
jason

Postby Madmartigan805 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:06 pm

I second the ITC format. I think it balances out some rough edges... also it's always good to practice if anyone was looking to head to LVO or similar ITC tournies. I could have an 1850 army or two ready for the new year.

I'd also be up for an escalation league if we wanted to be friendly towards new players/collectors... as I'm pretty much always working on an army.

Andy
Madmartigan805

Postby Madmartigan805 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:54 pm

So how many people are playing Genestealer?
Madmartigan805

Return to Warhammer/40k