Shot in the dark offer, hydrocal anyone?

General forums (New Users start here)

Shot in the dark offer, hydrocal anyone?

Postby GamerGorman20 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:51 am

So I'm going to be driving to San Francisco near the end of October for a day date with the wife. But little does she know, I have an ulterior motive!

I've recently decided to get into Hirst Arts molds and I've discovered a high strength gypsum dealer in the SF area that sells 10 & 50 pound bags of the stuff! Downside is the shipping is $30 a bag. So at that price I figured I'd just drive to their shop.

Then it dawned on me that if any of you were interested in a few bags, I could pick some up for you as well! I would only ask that you cover the cost of the bag and toss in a few $ for the increased gas consumption IN ADVANCE. Also I can only get a few bags as the weight would quickly add up and 3 bags is a whole person!

Let me know if you're interested and I'll meet up with you on a Thursday to get the payment.

The company is called Douglas & Sturgess. Their site shows various different types of gypsum (plaster) that they sell.

Also Hirst Arts is a great site for silicone rubber molds that you can use to build great terrain pieces. Go check them out!
GamerGorman20

Re: Shot in the dark offer, hydrocal anyone?

Postby Menelker » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:04 am

I used to be able to get them from a place called Blue Rose Studios, that are currently located in Grover beach. He used to have a shop in SLO but now does it out of his house. Though the last few times I called the phone just rang and went to voice mail. You might be able to get him to call you back. But it sounds like you are also going up there for some wife time too.

Otherwise I have had to get it at Reynolds advanced materials in Burbank. I will have to keep that place in mind.

I will take one 50lb bag. I can give you the money on a Thursday, just let me know so I make sure to have the cash.
Menelker
Site Admin

Re: Shot in the dark offer, hydrocal anyone?

Postby GamerGorman20 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Mkay, I still need to figure out when. This is mainly at the contemplative stage. Gotta work around paydays and days off.
GamerGorman20

Return to General