Kickstarter for some great terrain, want to go in?

General forums (New Users start here)

Kickstarter for some great terrain, want to go in?

Postby GamerGorman20 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:22 pm

So I recently bought some 3D models for tabletop gaming terrain from a site called printable scenery.

While I was purchasing my initial file I saw that they are wrapping up an "Apocalypse Ruins" Kickstarter campaign that features WWII, Ancient, and Sci-Fi (40k) terrain pieces.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/apocalypse-ruins-modular-gaming-ruins-for-rpg-and

I love their stuff but I am broke, and I can't afford to buy all their terrain AND the cost of the filament that is needed to make it.
So I figured I would offer up a deal with anyone interested. If you want to buy the files through me, and pay for the filament costs to print them, I will be happy to print anything purchased for you. There are TONS of files through their website that are great for both tabletop wargaming and D&D, which is what I use them for.

http://www.printablescenery.com/

The benefit for me is that I get to keep a copy of the files. Also, I get to photograph the items I make and upload them to my 3D printing blog, though that is not really worth mentioning. Anyways, I just figured I would throw that out there if anyone is interested. The Kickstarter for the war terrain has 6 days left as of me hitting submit, and the site itself has no deadline at all.
Last edited by GamerGorman20 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GamerGorman20

Re: Kickstarter for some great terrain

Postby GamerGorman20 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Also, if you are curious about how the terrain piece I am making is turning out, you can follow that here.

https://www.instagram.com/dungeons.and.doodads/

To be clear, I am NOT selling prints of these files! I am only willing to print for the person who goes in with me to buy them. If that person is buying for the group, or to keep the items at Nemo's, that is their choice.
GamerGorman20

Re: Kickstarter for some great terrain, want to go in?

Postby Menelker » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:30 pm

I'm down for it! I am out of town for a few weeks, but when I get back I will let you know and I will get a few of them for you. Bring one by Nemo's the 14th (when I'm back and I can check it out.
Menelker
Site Admin

Postby GamerGorman20 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:04 am

We'll miss the kick-starter, but they'll be added to the site pretty quickly for individual purchase.

Here's a pic of how the tower is coming along btw.
https://goo.gl/photos/FXMfBu2wvQswF3HG9
GamerGorman20

Postby Menelker » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:54 pm

I will take a look at the Kickstarter too.
Menelker
Site Admin

Postby Menelker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:50 am

How are you liking the quality of their designs. They look pretty good from the pictures. But what is your experience with them?
Menelker
Site Admin

Postby Menelker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:51 am

Oh, and what would your estimate be for the above house in coil price?
Menelker
Site Admin

Postby GamerGorman20 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:10 am

The tower I made is quite large and took an entire spool, that's roughly $30 for a spool of the decent stuff.

The quality is quite good, the creator knows how to 3D model for printing and the files come with ZERO errors. He also quickly addresses issues that arise. The file was in version 5 when I downloaded it, so he had continued updating it based on reviews.

He received $50,000+ to make these files, so he's clearly got time and skill for it. lol

One problem though is that he prints in ABS which can be smoothed with acetone Vapor, while PLA is smoothed with heavily regulated licensed chloroform. So since i can't currently print abs, smoothing rough areas needs to come from added layers like high build automotive primer and fillers in extreme cases. Though luckily the spray on primers usually work fine and are very cheap.
GamerGorman20

Postby Menelker » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:12 pm

I took a look at the KS and I don't know if there is anything I need in there. Though there is lots of cool stuff. The $90 everything pledge is a great value though.
I probably would be interested in picking up some of their stuff they already have on their site though.
Menelker
Site Admin

Postby GamerGorman20 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Yeah, the nice urban files are there.

Here's the complete tower and blacksmith btw.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG--nIWASre/
GamerGorman20

Return to General