New shop. My Turn! Games, Atascadero

General forums (New Users start here)

New shop. My Turn! Games, Atascadero

Postby Hellhammer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:40 am

Wanted to make a quick post about a new (re-opened) game shop in north county. They stock warmahordes, Infinity, X-wing, Army Painter stuffs, terrain, and quite a few other games/board games/misc. 5970 Entrada Ave, right behind the Carlton on that one-way street.

Didn't want this to come out as a 'commercial' or anything, just figured some people would be glad to hear about it!
Hellhammer

Re: New shop. My Turn! Games, Atascadero

Postby Grey Templar » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:29 am

Where is their actual entrance? I drove by and just saw their sign on the second floor, but no way to access it. The first floor looks like some boutique or something.
Still waiting on my shill money
Grey Templar

Postby Hellhammer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:19 pm

It's actually in the back half of where you were, it's slowly taking over the store and he is getting alot of new stuff ever few days so far. Also, they're only open Wed-Sat.
Hellhammer

Postby jason » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:21 pm

hmm sounds like the same one I used to shop at a long time ago, he had confrontation minis, but he closed and moved to Oregon or something, mabey hes back in town. confrontation is out of business, and it doesn't sound like he carries any gw stuff wich is a shame. Mabey he can get in some mantic stuff or avatars of war.
jason

Postby Menelker » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Actually I think he has some Relic Knights up there. I should bring in mine some night and we can play a demo game. It is a pretty fun skirmish game.
Menelker
Site Admin

Postby Hellhammer » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:35 pm

Yeah this is the second time he has opened the shop and it is definitely the guy you're thinking of. Indeed he does carry Relic Knights, I've been wanting to try that game out actually. He has quite a-lot of stuff in stock for just recently (re)opening, and a-lot on the way from the sound of it. I don't believe there is total-open-gaming yet due to space at the moment, but we will just have to see. By the sound of things atm, if you support the store the store will support a gaming environment- 'gaming space reserved for customers.' Which isn't completely unreasonable, considering what a risky venture opening a shop would be...

Like my buddy's dad used to tell us back in high-school... "This aint no ***damned flop-house!"

lol
Hellhammer

Postby Ozymandias » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:45 am

That's great news! I live in Paso and it would be nice to have a venue closer to my home. I'll swing by and check it out!
Ozymandias

Postby Grey Templar » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:46 am

So just to clarify the street entrance is the actual entrance for the store?
Still waiting on my shill money
Grey Templar

Postby AbeZS » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:26 am

I drove by there, and its a bit hard to spot Zach. There was a folding sign that said 'MyTurn!" games with an arrow pointing into what seems like a furniture store.

My beef with the place is the hours, he's open like 9-6 iirc Tuesday-Sat. I know most of us have work or school during those hours so its a bit inconvenient on most days except Saturday. I'd like to swing by there Friday after work since I'm off at 11 and check out the inside.
"Living it up at the hotel California"
AbeZS

Postby Hellhammer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Yeah it's the same shop, the front half is his art and gift stuff and the games are in the back. Also- Abe, you mentioned having a hard time finding Woldwatchers in stock and meant to tell you that he has at-least one in there. Brought a buddy down there yesterday and thought that I had seen two of them. He has a-lot of circle and specifically mentioned deliberately ordering Bradigus-list-models.
Hellhammer

Postby byzantinefalcon » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Several of the guys I work with have spoken with him, seems like there is an effort to get some gaming events going in this area. They are even doing some things on Camp Roberts, from what I have seen in fliers. I can post info if I get dates.
byzantinefalcon

Postby MudgeBlack » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Just visited the shop today, nice shop, good selection of stuff. Has a lot of WarMaHordes, Relic Knights, some Infinity (more than I've seen anywhere else), Star Wars, and other stuff. Owner is a gamer and I enjoyed talking with him. Hours are 11 - 6. Check it out if you get a chance. He also has laser pointers that throw a line instead of a dot.
Damnant quod non intelegunt
MudgeBlack

Postby Clement » Fri May 29, 2015 10:53 am

Bumping something old but it's relevant. I wandered by and his stock is still really impressive. If anyone's hunting for them, he's got the Khador and Skorne "army in a box" things available. I don't think you can even get those anywhere else right now.
Clement

Return to General