Senior Project User Testing: MiniSwap iOS App

Any and everything else

Senior Project User Testing: MiniSwap iOS App

Postby ejhopkins » Thu May 05, 2016 10:04 am

Hello guys.

I am in the final stages of my Mobile Development Bachelor's Degree. As some of you may have noticed (or not) I haven't been able to attend the Thursday night gaming sessions. I am extremely busy working on my final project for my degree, and have had literally no time for anything else.

As it turns out, the inspiration for my final project came from my recent interest in Miniature gaming, and I have been developing an iOS app designed to help facilitate the trade and sale of table-top miniatures.

In a few weeks, my project will enter the user-testing phase and I thought I would look for those testers here first.

User testing would mostly just consist of using the app for about a week, and posting fake (or real) trades. The app is only for iOS (at the moment) so I am enlisting all iPhone or iPad users who would be willing to give the app a test run. I'll be posting more details as User Testing approaches, but though I would start asking for volunteers now.

I really appreciate any help you guys could offer, and any feedback, and I especially look forward to my return to gaming once my final project is over.

Thanks a lot,
Eric
Last edited by ejhopkins on Thu May 05, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric
ejhopkins

Re: Senior Project User Testing: MiniSwap iOS App

Postby Menelker » Thu May 05, 2016 10:53 am

Sounds awesome! Wish I had an iDevice to help you out. But IIRC some of us do. Good luck!
Menelker
Site Admin

Postby MudgeBlack » Thu May 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Same boat as Tyson, wish I could help out.
Damnant quod non intelegunt
MudgeBlack

Postby ejhopkins » Mon May 16, 2016 8:16 am

Okay, so it turns out user testing won't be so involved. All that is required is using the app for a few minutes and giving some feedback. This can be done on my device, so having your own iOS device is not required.

If anybody is interested in helping, I would like to schedule a time where a few of us could get together.

The assignment is due on Thursday at 9pm so if anybody who was willing to help could come early and spare 5 minutes or so that would be great. The app requires Internet, so we might have to meet at the coffee shop across the street unless Nemo's has a connection we could use. I could always meet you at Nemo's and drag you guys over there for a few minutes for testing if that's our only option, or we could meet there.

Please let me know ahead of time if you can make it. I can stay until about 7pm probably.

I'll probably start of at Nemos but feel free to call or Text me at (805) 709-3766 to find out where I am.

Thanks again
Eric
Eric
ejhopkins

Postby MudgeBlack » Mon May 16, 2016 7:38 pm

I'm up for helping out.
Damnant quod non intelegunt
MudgeBlack

Postby ejhopkins » Mon May 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Thank you to everyone who helped me out on Thursday. Especially those of you that came just to do that.
Eric
ejhopkins

Return to Off Topic